Friday, October 26, 2012

Granola

With Den being in a major exam ALL. DAY.LONG. I wanted to make him a little snack to help keep his energy up. I originally pinned a recipe for pumpkin granola *drool* but realized I needed my can of pumpkin for my cupcakes this weekend - we all have our priorities. Cupcakes>Granola.
Anywho, So I looked around and took a bit of ideas from a bunch of different granola recipes and made my own. It's quite tasty and super easy. It is a great snack for the car or park and will be great with yogurt or milk! I had all of these ingredients in my pantry so that's what I used but this is more of a method than a set recipe. Add whatever nuts, spices or dried fruit you like!

What you need:
2.5 cups old fashioned oats
1/2 cup pecans
1/2 cup sunflower seeds
1 t Cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg
Pinch of salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 t vanilla
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cup applesauce
1 T canola oil
Handful of cranberries
Handful of chocolate chips

How to do it:
Mix oats, pecans, sunflower seeds, spices and salt together. In a separate bowl stir together brown sugar, vanilla, honey, applesauce, and oil. Pour liquid over oat mixture. Mix with hands and squeeze oats together to make clumps and make sure all is coated with liquid mixture.
Spread out on pan lined with parchment paper. Roast in 350 for 20 mins.
When granola is almost cooled, sprinkle cranberries and chocolate chips over top. Store in airtight container.


No comments:

Post a Comment