Monday, October 1, 2012

Broccoli Cheddar Dip


This dip is deliciously amazing. I found this recipe back in the day in an old pampered chef book my mom had. No clue where that little book is now but luckily we made it so much that I memorized the recipe. I also double the original recipe because my sister and I would always eat a single recipe in one sitting.
I've made this dip for a Christmas party, football party, a weekend night where Den and I just wanted to eat appetizers - oh, you don't have those kind of nights? You should. And you should make this dip while you're at it. It's rich, creamy, bursting with flavor and addicting! I will forewarn you though that I forgot to take a picture of it after I baked it only because I had guests and we were drinking and...well it was eaten before I even thought about taking a picture. Oh well!

What you need:
- 2 cups chopped broccoli florets (I use broccoli crowns, usually 2 bunches)
- 4 T small diced red bell pepper
- 4 T small diced onion
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 1/8 t black pepper or more to taste
- 1/4 c parmesan cheese
- 1 cup mayo (you know I use Dukes only!)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 cups cheddar cheese

*I sometimes go a little less on the mayo, sour cream & cheese. Maybe a 3/4 cup sour cream, mayo and 1.5cup cheddar cheese just to make myself feel a bit better? It can't hurt.


Chop onions and peppers (I only had orange bell at the time!)

Chop chop chop up all your broccoli florets!
Add in everything and mix mix mix!
Put in a casserole dish (I use my corningware 1.5qt dish)
 - Bake at 350 until bubbly, usually 30 minutes or so. You can add a sprinkle or parmesan cheese on top too. I usually serve this with roasted pita chips. Pita, cut into  triangles and then broiled until crisp (keep an eye on them!) I've also served them with corn chips or tortilla chips and all are good because this dip is just so.very.good. Next time I make it I'll try to get an "after" baking shot and put it up :-)

1 comment:

  1. Allie, I just pinned this (which in reality means I want to make it, but I have yet to do a pinterest recipe :)

    ReplyDelete