Friday, October 26, 2012

Breakfast Casserole

There are lots of breakfast casseroles floating around these days but I had never heard of it or tried one until my bridal shower, way back in 2008. I was lucky enough that someone made one for my shower and gifted me with their recipe. I believe they called it "breakfast pizza" but I kinda morphed it into a casserole and added some more things to it to make it my own. It is super simple and really delicious. The leftovers are awesome. It's perfect for breakfast or lunch or dinner! It's even appropriate for guests and in laws ;-)

What you need:
1 can crescent rolls
6 eggs
Dash of milk
1 bag shredded potatoes
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1 package turkey or pork breakfast sausage

What you need to do:

Preheat oven to 375. Spray a casserole dish (9x13) with non stick spray. 

Roll out crescent rolls and place inside. No need to separate them, just roll out and put down - it fits perfectly!


Brown and break up sausage on the stove top until no longer pink. Add on top of crescent dough. 

Just showing you the new turkey breakfast sausage I found - IT'S AWESOME!  Definitely like it more than pork, especially for this casserole. 

Add as much, or as little, potatoes on top. (I add almost the whole bag! The leftovers are great for a frittata!)


Beat eggs and milk, add S&P. Pour evenly over potatoes.




Add cheese and put into oven until eggs are set - usually 35 minutes. Broil if top needs to be browned. 


Cut into squares and serve! Again, the leftovers rock so make sure you keep them if you have any!

No comments:

Post a Comment