Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies

I thought I had completely abandoned this poor recipe blog...But lately I've been in a crazy cooking mood (minus that one week where my house was a stuffy 83 degrees and I did not even want to look at my oven, let alone use it!) But I'm back at it...so here's the latest recipe I've tried and LOVED.

It's basically the Oatmeal Raisin Cookie recipe on the top of the Quaker Oats lid. Seriously. I had searched all day for a recipe to soothe my chocolate fix. I love, love, love chocolate chip oatmeal cookies. Not to be confused with Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies which are equally amazing and hold a special place in my heart. There's a time and place for every cookie.

What You will Need:
- 1 stick + 6T butter, softened
- 3/4 firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 t vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups AP flour (I use half wheat/half white)
- 1 t baking soda
- 1/2 t salt
- 3 cups Oats (quick or old fashioned)
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips (and an extra little handful for good luck...or if you're a chocoholic like me.)

What to do:

- Preheat oven to 350. Line some baking sheets with parchment paper.

- Beat butter and sugars together until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla.

- In a smaller bowl mix flour, salt and baking soda.

- Add flour to butter-sugar-goodness. I do this in two steps, with a rubber spatula.

- Add oats and chocolate chips and fold in until combined.

- Drop by spoonfuls. I did about 2-big heaping Tablespoons full.

- Bake for 8-10 minutes. Mine took more like 12-14 minutes.

(I had also cooled my dough in the fridge while I made dinner. Then while we ate dinner I baked the cookies off so we had fresh baked cookies for dessert. It rocked. Why did I not think of this before!? I felt totally together too. I got this baking thing.)

Try them. Eat too many of them. Share them with friends. To my knowledge baked goods never stay good for long and I end up with a crumbly mess by the third or fourth day so I've gotten better about giving away goods to everyone ;-) Want to be my neighbor!?

No comments:

Post a Comment